Thursday, June 21, 2018
Kashmir Times Logo
Jammu Kashmir
Protest demonstrations by family, relatives of Parvez
‘My struggle for justice is for safety of Kashmiris living outside’
SRINAGAR, July 17: Protest demonstration was held today by family, relatives and neighbours of Parvez Ahmed Teeli of Nawab Bazaar here, demanding justice in the case.

They threatened to approach the international human rights organizations if the authorities in Mumbai failed to identify and arrest those involved into the” murder of Parvez.”

They alleged that Parvez was arrested and later killed in custody by Mumbai police. However, the cops in Mumbai claim that he was killed in a train accident. Yesterday a team of J & K Police left for Mumbai for investigations into the case as situation had deteriorated in old city of Srinagar after the death of Parvez. His body was brought from Mumbai here on Sunday which led to a strike, protests and clashes in some areas of old city of Srinagar.

Separatist leaders have strongly condemned the death and described it as a handi work of Mumbai police or communal elements. They have demanded a probe by an impartial forum into the killing.

This afternoon the family members, relatives and neighbours of Parvez reached press enclave and held strong protest demonstrations. They were carrying the photographs of the body of the deceases. They alleged that he was tortured to death in custody since the body bore torture marks.

“I have been saying from day one that Parvez was murdered and that he did not die in a mishap,” said Firdous Ahmed, brother of deceased who brought his body here on Sunday. He added that when he came to know about his brother going missing in Mumbai, he immediately rushed from here to the metropolitan city in search of his brother. “During my search the response of police was cold indicating that they wanted to hide something from me. They did not cooperate with me in tracing my brother. By my personal efforts and that of my relatives in Mumbai, we could obtain some vital clues into the case,” said Firdous.

He added that he saw the CCTV footage outside a hotel where Parvez was seen boarding a Goa bound bus and then getting down to get a bottle of water to drink. Since then he was untraced. “When cops told me that he was hit by a train in Mumbai, I asked them to show me the CCTV camera footage of that time. However, they did not show me the footage on the pretext that due to rains the cameras at that time had become non functional,” he said.

It may be recalled here that Parvez was working as a salesman for Kashmiri arts in Bangalore and he was here recently for a two month holiday. According to his family as he wanted to leave for Bangalore, he was asked by them to visit Mumbai first to hand over some shawls to his relatives there. After staying for some days at the residence of his relatives there, he bought a bus ticket to travel to Goa. He boarded the bus at the scheduled time and got down to get a bottle of water.

According to Firdous, he was attacked by some people and ruthlessly beaten. At Mohammad Ali Road he was seen asking people to help him to meet any Kashmiri or local Muslim. From there he was made to board a train for central Mumbai. Parvez was arrested and tortured by police and taken to hospital where doctors declared him dead, he added.

Firdous said, his fight for justice is not for his brother only. “My brother has died and he cannot come alive again. I am doing this to ensure the safety and security of other Kashmiri brothers and sister who are presently in different states of India,” he said.

News Updated at : Thursday, July 18, 2013
Comment on this Story 

Top Stories of the Day  
Chairman BOPEE submits probe report
SRINAGAR, July 17: The chairman of Board of Professional Entrance Examination (BOPEE) today filed a confidential report regarding findings of a probe into Common Entrance Test (CET) paper leakage case. On July 3, the High Court had taken suo moto cognizance of CET paper leakage case and issued notice to the Chief Secretary and Secretary Board of Professional Entrance Examination (BOPEE) asking them to file reply within two weeks. According to Mohammad Ishaq Qadri, advocates general Jammu and
> Minor gang raped in Rajouri
> Now, Health minister slaps govt employee
> Challan presented against ‘encounter specialist’, 7 others
> Sallah-u-Din’s ex-bodyguard killed in Batamaloo blast
> Only unified command can decide about AFSPA revocation: Soz
Other Stories from Web  
Find us on
Weather Report
Shridev Sharma
Mata Vaishnodevi | Matavaishnodevi | Mata Vaishno Devi
Electric Blanket | Electric Bed Warmers | Electric Under Blankets | Electric Heating Blanket
Web Design Jammu, Web Design Company, Ideogram Jammu
Home | Contact Us | Kashmir Times | Kashmir Times E-Paper - Jammu | Kashmir Times E-Paper - Srinagar | Dainik Kashmir Times | Jammu Prabhat
Copyright 2013 Kashmir Times Group. All rights reserved. Powered by Ideogram Technology Solutions Pvt. Ltd.