Thursday, June 21, 2018
Kashmir Times Logo
Ex-IAS officer accused of torturing minor still absconding
ActIT Jammu, Projects, Java,, C# Training Jammu
PATNA, July 4 (Agencies): Ex-IAS officer Lallan Singh charged with torturing a minor domestic help, is absconding for the second consecutive day today, while the girl showed signs of improvement at the hospital.

Mridula Kumari, station house officer of the women police station where an FIR has been registered in the case, told PTI that a police team went to Buddha colony house of Singh, who had retired as the commissioner of Munger, but found a lock hanging on the front door yesterday.

If the officer, his wife and a bodyguard accused in the case remained elusive, the police would move court in a day or two to seek non-bailable arrest warrant against them, she added.

The girl, who is being treated at Patna Medical College Hospital (PMCH) for deep wounds on different parts of the body inflicted by the officer, is showing signs of improvement, said the fmaily.

SHO Buddha colony police station Sanjay Kumar said the police is keeping a watch over the house to apprehend the officer and others named accused in the FIR.

Meanwhile, Bihar Child Rights Protection Commission has intervened in the matter suo motu on the basis of newspaper reports.

Commission chairperson Nisha Jha told PTI that a two-member probe team has been constituted and officials sent to PMCH, where the girl is going under treatment.

Jha said she had suggested to the state labour department that it issue an order that the medical expense of the victim girl should be imposed on the ex-IAS officer.

She said a separate case under Child Labour Act would be registered against the ex-IAS officer on confirmation of age of the domestic help.The girl's mother too would be prosecuted as per the provision of the act for allowing the officer's family to take a minor into employment.

As per the FIR lodged by the girl's family, Singh, his wife and bodyguard used to torture the girl and physically assault her.

They had hit her with hot iron rod on her chest and face and gave her electric shocks with an immersion rods.

The trio had even pushed chilly powder in her private parts, the complaint said, adding, she met the brutal treatment as she was not a good cook.

Unable to bear the inhuman torture, the girl escaped on Sunday last.

News Updated at : Friday, July 5, 2013
Comment on this Story 

Top Stories of the Day  
Normalcy returns to north Kashmir
SRINAGAR, July 4: Life returned to normal in various areas of north Kashmir today after four days of continuous shutdown, protests, clashes and curfews followingr the killing of the two youths Irfan Ahmad Ganaie and Tariq Ahmad Leharwal allegedly by Army on Sunday. The Hurriyat Conference (G) chairman Syed Ali Shah Geelani has given a two hour shutdown call tomorrow from 12:30 PM to 2:30 PM against the killing of the two youth and others. Shops, schools, business establishments, banks,
> No Uttrakhand like situation will occur in Kashmir: SASB
> Infiltration bid foiled
> J&K facing huge water losses due to IWT: CM
> HC for policy decision on polythene ban
> Omar changed stand, took escape route: Geelani
Other Stories from Web  
Find us on
Weather Report
Shridev Sharma
Mata Vaishnodevi | Matavaishnodevi | Mata Vaishno Devi
Electric Blanket | Electric Bed Warmers | Electric Under Blankets | Electric Heating Blanket
Web Design Jammu, Web Design Company, Ideogram Jammu
Home | Contact Us | Kashmir Times | Kashmir Times E-Paper - Jammu | Kashmir Times E-Paper - Srinagar | Dainik Kashmir Times | Jammu Prabhat
Copyright 2013 Kashmir Times Group. All rights reserved. Powered by Ideogram Technology Solutions Pvt. Ltd.